Friday, April 10, 2009

Honored Work

I was honored to receive a few awards at PPA regional print competition. The image of pilot Logan Flood won first place in the non masters men's portrait. Last summer I photographed Logan and his family at their home in Seward, NE for AOPA Magazine. The story was about how he became a commercial pilot after being in an airplane crash with a cargo company he flew and instructed for. My Vintage Bride image of LeeAnn McClain won second place in the wedding category. Both of these images won a Fuji Masterpiece Award.

My overall score with other work placed me at 2nd for the state of Nebraska. You can see my entries in the gallery.

A few thank yous-
Kameron Bayne and Sarah Pfeiffer for pushing me to enter.
Kate Heller for all the magic post work.
Matt Larson for driving to UPS because I sent my prints to the wrong address.
Terry Winslow for connecting with Matt to get my prints in time for the deadline.

No comments: