Friday, June 6, 2008

Old School

After 5 years of not shooting any film products, I've gone back to film (kinda). Andrew Marinkovich showed me his Polaroid back for his Holga camera. I used to take my Holga everywhere with me and even dismantled one by removing the shutter so I could shoot at night. That was many years ago though. Since Polaroid stopped making type 80 films and are stopping all film production in 2009, it's really hard to find. After a few days of research I found some at Unsaleable, a company based in Austria. They have this really awesome Chocolate Film that has a sepia look to it. I even found this website called Save Polaroid which is kinda cool.


The idea is to shoot a series of 10 images at selected weddings (it's expensive since I'm buying in Euro) and then mount into a book for the couple. It's a cool thing to give them after shooting with them all day. Plus, since we're in the digital age with slideshows and blogs this is old school instant. Now my only problem is finding more Polaroid. I just ordered 15 packs of Viva Color which I can't wait to shoot with.